1. Gajar (Carrot) 1 and half kilo, grated. Use the Red Carrot
2. Ghee 8 tbsps
3. Sugar 10 tbsps
4. Milk 2 big glasses
5. Mawa/Khoya 150gm
6. Cardamom (Elaichi) powder 1 tbsps
7. Cardamom, whole 6
8. Bay leaf (Tej Patta) 6
9. Kismis 8
10. Cashew Nuts, broken half cup
11. Pistachio and Cashew Nuts, chopped lengthwise for garnishing
12. Verke (edible Silver Foil) for garnishing
Grated Red Carrot
Heat Ghee fry whole Cardamom, Tej Patta and Kismis for a few seconds and add Carrot. Keep stirring and cooking in low to medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes till the water evaporates completely.
Add Milk, Sugar and broken Cashew nuts, cook again on low heat stirring occasionally.
Add Mawa/Khoya and Cardamom powder, mix well.
Spread the Halwa on a serving tray and decorate with chopped Pistachio, Cashew and Verke.
Can also be served in a bowl.