1. Paneer 200g
2. Ghee 3 tbsps
3. Saffron a pinch
4. Curd 4 tbsps
5. Cream 4 tbsps
6. Sugar 1tsp (optional)
7. Onions 2
8. Almond 9
9. Cashew 9
10. Ginger+Garlic paste 1 tbsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Powder of 5 Cardamoms
13. Coriander powder half tsp
14. Green chilli 1(or to taste), slit lengthwise
15. Rose water or Kewra Essence 1 tsp
1. Cardamom 3
2. Clove 4
3. Cinnamon 1 piece
4. Bay leaf 2
5. Shah Jeera half tsp
6. Black Pepper 4
1. Get the ingredients ready first.
Soak almond and cashew overnight. You may use only almond omitting cashew. Boil 1 cup water adding the cashew and almond. When cooked remove skin and grind to a fine paste adding water.
2. Chop onions roughly and simmer in water till soft. Grind the cooked onion to a fine paste.
3. Whisk the curd well till fluffy. Make sure the curd is not sour. Sour curd will spoil the taste of the dish.
4. Heat ghee and add all the Whole masal. Saute for a few seconds and add the onion paste. Saute on low heat stirring all the time, make sure the onion doesn't turn brown. The colour should remain white.
4. Add the ginger+garlic paste and saute again.
5. Gradually add the almond paste and saute, stirring all the time. Keep the heat low the entire time of cooking.
6. Add chilli, cardamom powder, coriander powder and keep stirring.
7. Add curd little at a time stirring briskly. Add 1 glass of water when the curd gets mixed well and a smooth white masala is ready. Add salt, sugar (optional) and stir well. Simmer for a minute.
8. Strain this white masala gravy. Put this back to a pan on low heat again. Add some more water and bring to a boil.
9. Add the paneer pieces and stir well. Care should be taken not to break the paneer pieces. Add cream and stir carefully.
10. Shahi Paneer is cooked. Now add rose water or kewra essence, mix well.
11. Serve Shahi Paneer garnishing with strands of saffron.