1. 500 gm chicken (broiler), diced
2. A big bunch of spinach, ground to a fine watery paste
3. 2 big tomatoes, chopped
4. 3 medium onions, chopped
5. Paste of 1tbsp each ginger and garlic
6. Green chilly 2 or 3, sliced lengthwise
7. Salt to taste
8. Refine oil for cooking
9. 2 tbsp ghee
10. 2 tbsp cream (optional) to garnish
11. Powdered masala :
1. Jeera 1 tsp
2. Dhania 1 tsp
3. Garam masala 1 tsp
Fry onion in oil for a minute, add chicken, salt, ginger+garlic, chilly. Fry for another minute, add tomato and all the dry masala. Keep stirring over low flame, cover in between. Keep heat low throughout the cooking.
Once the tomato dissolves, add spinach paste. Stir, cover and cook. Add little warm water.
It should neither be watery nor very dry.
When cooked, add ghee. Spinach-Chicken is ready.
Decorate with fresh cream while serving (optional)
Tastes great with steaming hot rice or roti.