1. Paneer 200g
2. Fresh Spinach 150g
3. Green Chilli 1 (or to taste)
4. Tomato 2
5. Paste of 2 Onions (can be added chopped)
6. Paste of Ginger 1 tsp
7. Paste of Garlic 1 tsp
8. Jeera powder 1 tsp
9. Dhaniya powder 1 tsp
10. Garam Masala powder half tsp
11. Kasuri Methi 1 tsp
12. Salt to taste
13. Turmeric half tsp
14. Whole masala: few Cardamoms, few cloves, few pieces of Cinnamon, a pinch of Cumin
15. Oil 3 to 4 tbsps
16. Cream (optional) for garnishing
Saute`Spinach and Chilli in little oil on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes till the leaves wilt. Do not over cook. Let it cool. Grind to a fine paste.
Puree the Tomato and keep aside.
Heat oil, add all the whole masala and let them splutter.
Add Onion paste and stir fry till soft brown. Add Ginger and Garlic paste to this. Keep frying.
Put in the Tomato, Salt, Turmeric and the powdered masala. Keep frying.
Add Spinach paste and Kasuri Methi, fry again till masala leaves the sides of the pan.
Pour one glass water, cover and simmer.
Add the Paneer pieces, cover and cook.
Delicious Palak Paneer is ready. Serve garnishing with cream.