Tuesday 29 November 2011

Pets : Chiquititta


Chiquititta, the darling we so love and indulge ..... she's just adorable with her sweet, loving and playful nature. 



Chiquititta, meaning "little girl" in Spanish, became part of my family on a beautiful pleasant evening of February 2009 and has since become the centre of attention/ the darling of the family.She was all of two months, when we brought her and was the tiniest of her nine siblings. She was sick but after a lot of care survived to be a healthy and beautiful young lady today.


Wonderful to play with her,here she is, all of just three months, playing hide n seek. Peek-a-boo ...I see you ...
A Golden Retriever, born to pure bred parents Bholu and Elsa, the sweet thing has so many names, Chiquititta, Chuquttu, Chiqui, Shona, Kuku, Babu, Mainanagu, Manashona, Kitt.... etc etc



She seems to grow a little stronger and a little bigger each passing day, learning a new trick, a game or a command, amusing us immensely. Thus, making me and my family loving and doting on her ....a bond between her and us that grew ever stronger ....




Chiquititta loves her toys, keeps asking us to play with her in her own cute gestures. She knows well we bring her toys and goodies when we return from a trip, so, she waits eagerly and the moment we open the boxes, she gets right into them.




Chuquttu loves water, has great fun taking bath in the tub and prefers drinking fresh water from the tap or the hand shower.



Ah, look at the two year old big girl now, sitting pretty, exuding an all "I, me and myself" kind of an aura! Aawww... love you too much sweetheart! Chiquititta has aquired one more name, 'Petli', as she is big and fat now :)



Ow wow ! What can be a better way than sitting in the sun, inhaling the fragrance of the pretty blooms and reflect ? That's precisely what our dear Chuquttu loves doing while I work in the garden! But of course, keep your fingers crossed, occasionally a squirrel, crow or a rat do catch her attention and she chases them all over the garden trampling over flower beds and vegetable patches. 




After her lunch, she sits here on the front veranda and waits for us everyday. Its such a pleasure to find her eagerly waiting the moment I return from office. She greets me getting right into the car giving me my much needed hug as I open the car door. 



This is one of her favourite pastimes, watching birds from the balcony upstairs.



In the late afternoons Chiquita n I enjoy doing the bird watching together while enjoying our conversation with an occasional snack.






Chiquita always enjoys a drive around town. Her eyes sparkle as she jumps into the car, occupying the front seat. What I love and enjoy the most during these drives are, her giving me an occasional slurrrp/smack on my cheek as if to say "Love you for the drive momma" :)  





Chiquititta loves playing around all over the house and the garden, rests on the cool shade of trees in a corner of the lawn when tired.



The lady feels exercise and being with nature are the only ways to a healthy living.


Aawww .... the pretty lady, does she try to say some thing with her soulful eyes ? 
"I'm a big girl now, you know!" 
Yes sweetheart, you have turned a graceful young lady now.


Hhmmm.... caught you dear lady. Just look at her expression, as if to say, "Oops, got caught again!" Yes, she tramples all over the flower beds and vegetable patches chasing birds, squirrels and rats. And then, the punishment she gets? Well......






 ..... someone is punished today...sweet Chiquititta on her favourite place in the garden but leashed. "I'm leashed today! :((  Mom says, I spoil her flowers and broccoli, but that's not true, I only run around her flowers and vegetables to chase the naughty rats off."
Of course, of course don't I know that :)


The big girl gives Momma a sweet smack.




Playing with Momma. My most enjoyable time of the day is to play with dear chuquttu. 


It's meal time, the worst time of the day for our princess. Retrievers are generally fussy when it comes to eating their meals and Chiqui is no exception. She hates eating her kibbles, twice a day. Have to feed her with hand, pampering and showing her lizards, birds,cats, her toys and what not. 


O what a blissful siesta ! On a lazy summer afternoon Chiquititta is always indoors sitting or laying on the bare floor where the best effect of the air conditioner can be enjoyed.


She makes sure every night to come to each one of us for the good night kiss before finally retiring to bed. During  summer months she loves sleeping on a bare floor. 


During winters, she is cozy in her warm bright coloured jackets and sits pretty on her soft bed.  
                                                                                                   



Oh so cold ... 
Good night beautiful, sleep well, pleasant dreams :)



38 comments:

  1. Oh she is so adorable! I love each picture. Your love is clearly written over each word and picture. I must compliment you for your beautiful garden especially the bright gendas. Dear Chiquita is such a pleasure to watch. I earlier had a Yorkshire terrier when in college. So, this is my first experience with a big dog, and Coco is keeping us busy and happy. Wish you loads of loving time with Chiqi :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rachna, a home doesn't feel complete without a pet. Labs and Retrievers may be big dogs but too softy and loving at heart. Your Coco is too cute! My love and warm wishes to your wonderful family including Coco and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oii!!! she's too C-U-T-E!.

    I too had had a doggy once.. I can understand the attachment with one's pet!
    ur garden is also very b'ful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ AS :
    Thank you so much. Do keep visiting this space ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these pretty pictures of your dog and your garden. I used to own a dog when I was a student in New York City back in the 1970s. I adopted her because my apartment had been burglarized and I wanted security. However, she turned out to be too friendly, as my apartment (a different one) was burglarized again. I miss that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ gigihawaii :
    Thanks for your appreciation. Hahahahaa ... so sweet to know about your dog. Chiquititta too is so friendly, leave alone guarding she doesn't bark even at strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chiquititta is beautiful, graceful & lovely. Golden retrievers are gorgeous creatures and extremely people friendly. Thanks for sharing the marvelous pics !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Shobha :
    Thank you so much. Yes I agree with you fully, they are wonderful creatures.
    Do keep visiting this space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golden retrievers are wonderful with fluffy golden coats & bushy tails.Your Lady Di(Chiquititta)is a fabulous looker.Doggies are so loyal and wait for your return every day with great excitement and eagerness and vigorous wagging of tail. We had a German Shepherd,Labrador Retriever and a Great Dane at home some years ago.They brought us such great joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is so so adorable & the pics tell her beautiful story. you've covered almost every aspect of a typical day in her life :) its wonderful to have a dog as a pet esp a lab or a retriever

    oh & i must mention: your garden is awesomeamazing!! the blooms, the lawns, the arrangement, the variety - absolutely loved it. you have really tended to each pot with a lot of love & care. it shows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruprekha, My first visit to your blog and was rewarded! Adorable pics of Chiquititta and yourself with love and affection radiating all around! You have a lovely house n garden too! I write more frequently on the blog
    http://rahulsblogandcollections.blogspot.com/
    which you may visit if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ R.Ramakrishnan :
    Thanks a lot. Yes indeed, they bring home so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sujatha :
    Thank you so much Sujatha. Love to work in the garden and play with Chiquititta, guess that's what I do best :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Rahul Bhatia :
    Thank you so much.
    Will sure visit your other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruprekha,

    If I say Cute, that will be biggest understatements of the year. I love dogs and have been having them for a long time now. You may, if you find time, visit my two posts of Feb 2009 to see them. Please give her a pat from my side. Hope I do get to see her sometime.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures .I enjoyed it very much

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jack :
    Thank you so much, will sure give her that loving pat from your side. Wish your hope comes true :)
    Must check your post on the pets, would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Padhu :
    Thanks a lot. Do keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pictures and a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your chiquitita/Shona is lovely! I envy you, Ruprekha! I and my family are crazy about dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love her pics in the car. She is so amazing. You have reposted this one?

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Rachna :
    Yes I re posted as it's her birthday. She is all of three today :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have fallen in love with your Petli. I had a fox terrier with a lhasa apso look. It was so lovable and was with us for over 12 years and then departed leaving us in tears. No pets thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mr. Subramanian.
      Yes, it is indeed very sad. We had a Lhasa Apso, who stayed with us for 14 long years. Do check this link for Bozo our beloved who has left us but remained in our hearts ....
      http://rupascloset.blogspot.com/2011/03/bozo-familys-first-pet-lahsa-apso.html

      Delete
  24. hi Rupa Ba, its lovely watching Chiqui playing and growing in a fresh environment.i am dog lover and i have a lab female puppy (3 months). she is the fist doggy in my family and we all love her and taking care of her. its equivalent adopting a human baby. i keep on visiting your pet's blog whenever m online in facebook account. DO upload some more Chiqui's photograhs.

    regards
    Padmini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Padmini :)
      Yes, dogs are such sweet creatures, you simply fall in love with them. I will sure upload some more pictures later.
      Wish you and your family lots of loving and fun filled time with your pet. Do let me know her name. For us(my family) a family is incomplete without a dog. Thanks again for visiting :)

      Delete
  25. its pleasure visiting the blog ba..her name is "pearl"..thnk you for the best wishes, will keep visiting...Can i send you a friend request in fb??

    best wishes to you too
    Padmini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! "Pearl" is indeed a very feminine and lovely name.
      Yes of course Padmini, you sure can send one.

      Delete
  26. thank you ba

    regards
    Padmini

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Chiquititta you are so cute!!!
    Come on over to Pets forever



    Woof woof
    from Bozo
    Pets forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much
      Woof woof ... from Chiquititta :)
      Will sure visit.

      Delete
  28. She is so cute and adorable. Please hugg her for me :) and your words for evry pic is showing your love for her. Without animal , we are nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sarvesh, you are right, without them what are we!
      Will sure give her a lots of hugs for you :)
      Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  29. Beautiful profile pictures of your pet dog. She does look very beautiful. Well groomed.

    ReplyDelete